Your Valuable Resources

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Poems by E. Vishnupriya


Poems by E. Vishnupriya


Love Songs for You


I shan’t fetch
fragrance of first blossom.
I shan’t string
dews from morning earth.
I shan’t light
home with sun’s lantern.

I shan’t rise
moon in twilight.

I shan’t write
verse of opulent beauty.

I shan’t compose
either a love’s opus.

I shall know
my predilections for you.

I shall fold
your dreams within my lashes
see them glide before you.

I shall restore peace
whenever we fight.
Oh! Dear, dear oh!
Shut away
ruins of quarrels
out of your memory.

I shall ask you
Oh! Dear, dear oh!
benevolent troubles
innocent tears
solemnized solace
all in you.


Safety Pin
Between conflicts
when hooks and buttons rebel
a saviour comes
when six yard
threatens to slip and slither
off shoulder,

off ramp
while into strange attires
off body velcro gapes

a messiah comes
between teeth, sliding on lips

to aid
a verve dives
into layers
swims out
fishing fabric together
secure, intact.



Author's Bio: E. Vishnupriya’s poems have been published in Muse India while her first collection of English poems titled Bougainvillea is published by Cyberwit.net. She lives in Bangalore.



Get Your Book Reviewed by
Contemporary Literary Review India
— journal that brings articulate writing for articulate readers.
CLRI prides itself to have a good number of review writers. We have different review writers for books of different genres. Our reviews are gaining recognition among the publishers, journals and academia for fair and high quality reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to CLRI Now!