Your Valuable Resources

Sunday, October 2, 2011

I Should Have Jumped by Abhishek Tiwari

I Should Have Jumped (Poem) by Abhishek Tiwari


There is a wall around our house
Dad says it protects us
and is necessary to survive in the society,
Mom says it looks good and she is used to it.
This wall is neither too high to jump over
Nor too dwarf to ignore.

There are holes through which I used to see
beyond it, when I was a child.
I could see my dreams walking,
the bubbles, which I could have touched, if
I would have been that side.
Then I grew up and was confused,
Which side I should take to.
And now, down so many years
the wall is still there and
I am still on the same side
and the wall looks at me instead
jeering at me as if asking:
You’d have jumped that side earlier.

Author's Bio: Abhishek Tiwari is a second year student of Masters of Engineering in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur, India.

In his poem Abhishek is confused between what should be done and so misses out the thing he wanted to do in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to CLRI Now!