Your Valuable Resources

Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Mother Past the Grave by Vishnu Rajamanickam

My Mother Past the Grave by Vishnu Rajamanickam
It was a bright and sunny day as I strolled,
With my head bent in flooding reminiscence
Along the grapevines with floundering steps,
I walked through the aisle in distress.

There shining like an armor was the grave,
Of my mother, sweet in life and painful in death;
Tears rolled down my withered face like crystal pearls,
Dear mother, come back to me.

I thought of her love frozen past aeons ago,
Of her bundles of smiles and thousands of kisses,
Her infinite cover of kindness wrapping me up;
O my mother, please come back to me.

For me she lived, for me she smiled,
For me she unfurled her hands open wide,
And as I lay eagle spread on the grass,
O my mother why don’t you come back to me?

The cruel jaws of fate never sleep sans blood,
Sucking my joy and my lifeboat’s lodestar;
O my mother the world is desolate without you
For the last time I cry my mother, come back to me.




















Author’s Bio: Vishnu Rajamanickam is an undergraduate student of civil engineering at National Institute of Technology- Trichirapalli (NITT). He enjoys reading both classical and contemporary poetry and has been writing poetry for the past five years. He can be reached at: vishnucr@rocketmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to CLRI Now!