Your Valuable Resources

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Khurshid Alam Interviews Md Feroz Qureshi an Emerging Film Director and Producer par excellence

Khurshid Alam Interviews Md Feroz Qureshi an Emerging Film Director and Producer par excellence

CLRI: Can you tell me something about yourself?

 

Ans: I was born in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh. I spent my childhood in Raigarh (Chhattisgarh) where I completed my schooling. For pursuing BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration), I came to Pune, Maharashtra where I studied at the Pune University. While studying, I was attracted towards film-making and hence I completed a certificate course in film-making from IMI (Institute of Moving Images) under Mr. Pankaj Roy. I also completed my MBA from the Symbiosis University.

CLRI: How many short films have you made till date?

Ans: I have made many short films till date.
COLOUR BLUE 
 

   Is an Artistic video presentation of various famous paintings.
RIGHT TO LIVE
Hari's (23') wife is pregnant. They are worried "if a girl will take birth, then they have to face a very big problem ". His friend suggests him to visit a doctor. One day a doctor comes to his home with the report about the bad news and solves the problem by aborting the female child in the womb.

 
  3 PORTRAITS OF MOTHER INDIA 30 min SHORT 

We are back in the century when the British were ruining India. The story is about the conversion of a bad person into a good one.




This film was an official Screening at Jaipur International Film Festival 2012 and official Screening at Imphal International Film Festival 2012).

CLRI: In India short films are meant to be written, directed and produced by the same film maker, which is not the case abroad. What are the challenges in such a situation?

Ans: Of course, there are a lot of challenges, which we come across, mainly the team is missed and the whole set up is on the shoulders of one person.

CLRI: You have started an organization to promote new talents. Why so? While you should focus more on becoming a famous film maker yourself. I mean you should be more career oriented.

Ans: I want my work to be famous than I. Basically I wanted to be a part of Industry and would love if people give credit to my films. As a filmmaker I would rather go for new talents which can come up with new prospectus.

CLRI: Out of all short films, name few best ones.

Ans: There are many which fall in the category of best ones. Naming few will mean being partial instead.

CLRI: Have you ever made any feature film? Can you please share something about it?

Ans: I am working on two projects based on two different concepts. Hope to get started soon.

CLRI: What differences do you find between short films and feature films? Is there any career in short films?

Ans: Short films are basically for setting a base and feature films make you the master at the end. As a starter you need to make short films, so that you can do different experiments on your thoughts.

CLRI: Which film makers do you think you are influenced?

Ans: Jean-Luc Godard , Anuraag Kashyup, Steven Speilberg, Quentin Tarantino, Martin Scorsese among others.

CLRI:  According to you, which film makers in India and abroad are some of the finest ones?

Ans: Of course two from the above mentioned ones.

CLRI: What projects are you working currently on? Any details?


Ans: I am working on an Indie, a feature film titled, Hard to change the world, already done Devil's Paradise. Two other feature films are under pipeline for which we are working on the dialogues.


Subscribe to
— journal that brings articulate writings for articulate readers.
CLRI is published online per month, in digital versions occasionally, and in print edition (planned to be quarterly), its print edition has ISSN 2250-3366.
Subscribe to our CLRI online edition. Our subscribers receive CLRI digital copies directly into their Inbox, get print copies free of cost whenever they come out during the subscription period, and are waived off any reading fee towards our print editions.
You can become our subscribers any time you prefer. To become a subscriber, visit: Subscriber to CLRI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Donate to CLRI Now!